The growth of the cruise shipping industry has until recently been relatively steady with increasing visits locally in Australia and overseas, particularly to new destinations. Increases in vessel size have required assessments and sometimes upgrades or retrofits of existing wharves and navigational access. Vessel drafts remain typically below 10m to afford greatest access to remote locations.
Our director’s project experience in facilities for the cruise shipping industry has involved:
- Feasibility studies for new cruise piers
- Feasibility studies and business cases for extensions of exisiting wharves for cruise ships
- Preliminary design and reference design of cruise facilities
- APEC PNG Cruise Facility Upgrade project
- Navigational assessments for cruise facilities
- Leading government delegations on overseas fact finding missions
Assets designed or specified include:
- Berthing and mooring structures
- Services corridors
- Elevated passenger walkways and boarding bridges
- Dredging for navigation areas
Contact P&M Consultants
Our experience extends through all aspects of Port design, Engineering, Planning and Project Management. We deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients and partners through our quality planning, design, implementation and expertise.
Leverage our unique array of skills, experience and proven strategies to help your team deliver successful ports and maritime project outcomes.
Contact P&M Consultants by phone or via our Contact Page